The role of the Observatory of competitiveness (ODC, Observatoire de la compétitivité) is to help the government and social partners to define the guidelines and content of policies that are favourable and compatible with a long-term competitiveness, a source of growth and well-being.
The ODC is in fact a monitoring unit in charge of documenting, observing and analysing the evolution of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg’s competitiveness and is responsible for investigating cases, monitoring them and stimulating the implementation by the designated partners.
The ODC’s main missions are:
- the collection, analysis and comparison of existing information on competitiveness at the national and international level;
- the targeted dissemination of selected and processed information, useful for the strategic decision-making;
- conducting and commissioning studies and research on competitiveness and its determinants;
- contributing to the work and analyses of international organizations on Luxembourg’s competitiveness (European Commission, OECD, etc.);
- coordinating the work and drafting of Luxembourg’s National Reform Program (PNR, Programme national de réforme) in the framework of the European semester and the EU's Europe 2020 strategy;
- the contribution to the work of the National Productivity Board.
For more details, please visit the “Fields of activity” section.